Chest Pain Diagnosis & Treatment in Sugar Land, TX
Chest pain is a concerning problem that should never be ignored. Complete Cardiology Care offers chest pain diagnosis and treatment throughout Sugar Land, TX and the surrounding areas. Many patients find themselves facing heart problems with potential health complications. We’ll help ensure these complications don’t cause severe problems. Dr. Yassir Sonbol M.D., F.A.C.C. is Sugar Land’s premier cardiologist, putting patients’ medical concerns first and helping recognize any potential heart-related issues as soon as possible. Though most chest pain is related to the heart, we will look at all areas of the body to find the root of the cause. Please contact us today to schedule a screening.
Heart-Related Chest Pain
Chest pain is not always severe but can also be described as discomfort. Chest discomfort due to a heart issue is often associated with other symptoms, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Pressure in chest
- Sharp pain in the chest
- Tightness or burning in the chest
- Cold sweats
- Left side chest pain
- Right side chest pain
- Severe pain in the middle of the chest
- Dizziness or weakness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Searing pain through your neck, jaw, shoulders, back, and/or arms
- Pain that worsens with activity
- Pain that varies in intensity
Other Types of Chest Pain
Other potential causes of chest pain may include:
- Digestive Causes – Chest pain may be caused by heartburn, swallowing disorders of the esophagus, and gallbladder or pancreas issues.
- Muscle and Bone Causes – Some types of chest pain affect structures along the chest wall, including costochondritis with inflamed cartilage on the breastbone, sore muscles, and injured ribs.
- Lung-Related Causes – Some lung disorders cause chest pain, including a blood clot or pulmonary embolism in the lung, pleurisy in the lungs, a collapsed lung, and high blood pressure in your lung arteries.
- Panic Attack – A panic attack often includes intense fear followed by chest pain, rapid breathing, shortness of breath, dizziness, a rapid heartbeat, sweating, and a fear of dying.
How Is Chest Pain Treated?
Treatment for chest pain depends on your diagnosis. We may recommend noninvasive procedures, lifestyle changes, or medication. We will recommend surgery to alleviate the medical issues causing your chest pain if needed. The most common treatments for heart-related chest pain include:
- Medications to help widen partially closed arteries, blood thinners, or clot-busting drugs
- Cardiac catheterization using stents or balloons to widen blocked arteries
- Surgical repair of blocked or damaged arteries
When to See the Doctor for Chest Pain
If you’re ever in doubt about your chest pain, call us. If your symptoms come on suddenly and are not relieved by anti-inflammatory medications, we can help you. Call 911 immediately if you have symptoms with your chest pain, including:
- Pressure, squeezing, or tightness under your breastbone
- A sensation of pain that spreads to your left arm, jaw, or back
- Shortness of breath
- Rapid heart rate
- Excessive sweating
- Problems swallowing
Why Choose Complete Cardiology Care?
With over 15 years of experience and training, our Sugar Land cardiologist team specializes in keeping your heart as healthy as possible. Our comprehensive heart services provide the highest quality heart disease screenings. We customize treatment to meet each patient’s needs. Dr. Yassir Sonbol M.D., F.A.C.C. examines your medical history and determines the best types of tests to determine your heart issues. Our welcome environment is calming and comfortable to ensure the best possible care.